Nick and I got together on Friday to write some new songs. It went pretty well! Here’s where were at:
- We’ve got a song about being at a party but not in the way you would expect (then again, this being Science Club, it might be in exactly the way you expect).
- We’ve got a song that is about crime and being needlessly cruel, continuing our ongoing theme of writing songs about people with problems. Nick and I both think that this will be the song that makes bros like us. Bros!
- We’ve got a song about me getting both fatter and older.
He actually recorded a demo of the last one and you can hear it on our bandcamp page here.
We also talked about using a sweatshirt at a napkin, how everyone is totally gross in special, different ways and the appeal of pokemon.
In case you forgot, here are the shows we are playing:
- March 2: Doylestown, Muggs on Main
- April 13: Philadelphia, JR’s Bar
Also, the dudes in Scatterbrain recorded some new tracks and members of Science Club will be featured in the Scatterbrain Boys Chior. Get into it.
Last thing: The picture at the top is by our friend Caroline. She made it for a show we played a few weeks ago and I wanted to make sure everyone got a chance to see it.
Well, that’s all for Science Club for now!