Let’s catch everyone up on what Science Club has been up to:
- Our first EP is still in the works. The tracks are done and we hope to have the thing pressed and ready to sit in a box on our shelves in the next few months.
- We played a show at a bar in Manayunk called the Grape Room. It was not our best show. We played for a crowd of young alumni, last on a bill that included three other bands with a wide appeal. I guess people just don’t want to hear shouty punk music at 12:30 a.m. Whatever. It was fun, it was a show. We got burritos and I carried Nick’s amp over my head, which Nick did not like one bit, let me tell you. I think this was the set list, but honesty, I can’t really remember:
1) Dancing in the Dark
2) Song in the Sea
3) Us (Regina Spektor cover. Still not quite there yet)
4) Straight-Edge Irony
6) We Have So Much in Common (We Should Date Forever) (This might be the first time we’ve played this live)
7) Funky C
8) I’m Proud of my Cub Scout
9) The Best Ever Death Metal Band in Denton
- We’re working on new songs, including new covers.
- We might be a bar band, but we also might not be a bar band. This will make more sense in the future.
- I missed band practice the other week because I went to NYC then came home and played basketball for hours, forgetting I had agreed to practice. I think this is how Led Zeppelin broke up, too. Needless to say, I’m fired.
- Personally, Joe is moving in with his fiancé (I actually wrote a song about it, you’ll hear it soon enough). Nick went on vacation and rode a bike. I live in PA again. That’s about it.
Anyway, here’s a demo I did. It’s called “Molly” here, but that is not going to be its ultimate name. If you are a member of The Thermals or Fake Problems and you want to sue me, please do not.